Wednesday, June 2, 2010

green butterflies

Hi!  Happy June!  It's hard to believe that we are 6 months already into 2010!  Time does fly by fast!  I am looking forward to all the fun June has to offer, although June can be a busy month also.  Chad and I will be having our first graduate, but from preschool!  It's still sad though!  We got our computer back Saturday night so I have trying to catch up on all the blogs and such but also trying to keep how clean my house is.  I must have really been bored not being online since I discovered that washing my carpets by hand works better than those machines and started to do so!  

Today's card is one I made a week and a half ago when I went to stamp with my friend Jenn (for those of you who read Dawn McVey's blog it's Jenn from Canada!)  Jenn is a good friend of mine and was also my dula (birth coach) and was at the birth of my two kids!  When Ariel was born that was Jenn's longest labor (hopefully not anymore!)  It's always fun to go stamping at Jenn's house as she has currently 87 PTI stamp sets!  And I think almost all the dies!  I know your all jealous that I get to be friends with her!  :>  So when I was there I made a card for the embellish magazine current challenge   I know I only made one card that night, we did a lot of talking about her trip!  Here is the colors for the challenge:


I love these colors!  I actually have played with them before!  I dug out some pp I had that is perfect for this and created this:


The black strip is felt!  All stamps PTI.  This was my first time using there dies, I had worried that it wouldn't be easy to stamp them once they were cut but it was really easy!  I love these colors and will play with them again!  

I do have something cute about my kids to share.  Ariel has been invading my craft drawers!  She has always loved to craft like crazy and now goes into my stuff and is constantly asking me "Mommy do you use this?"  I had a lot of stickers and more scrapbook stuff that I didn't use so now I have a drawer all clean!  She has really been enjoying herself.  It's cute.  She looks so much like me and loves to craft like me!  I just now have to get her some washable ink pads as it was a little hard to get the blue out of the carpet!

Hope your having a great week!

15 comments:

Barb said...

So glad to see you back online, Anita! I missed you! How fun to have your daughter crafting with you! I have two boys, so that will NEVER happen in my house! Love your card! Fabulous patterned paper! Love those stripes! And the green butterflies look perfect on the pretty strip of black felt! Welcome back! :)

Alice said...

welcome back, Anita!! love reading your sweet post! so glad to hear that you had a great time getting together with your friend. very pretty card, too! those butterflies are so pretty! lovely card!

Dawn T said...

welcome back Anita... missed your lovely posts.... I am so glad that Ariel is so keen on crafting. My daughter wasn't so at her age... but now in her 20's is developing her own crafting style... cupcakes!!!
Love your butterfly card... it is a lovely colour combo and you have done it justice. Plus spending the time with a friend and sharing!!!! What fun.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wow, Anita! this is GORGEOUS! Love your take on this challenge and the shades of green you used!

Jill said...

This is just beautiful! I love the soft stamping on the kraft! And the overall design is very striking! What a great take on the challenge!

Ayana Posadas said...

Anita! This is so gorgeous!
You did a beautiful job with these colors! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I love that. I so hope i have a daughter like that one day! And thoses green butterflies are too cute!

Mary J said...

Beautiful, a wonderful take on the challenge!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is absolutely stunning, Anita! LOVE it!!

Virginia L. said...

Stunning card, Anita!! I love your color combo and the boders on the side is beautiful! Sorry that I won'be around much to comment. Please read my post in the next day or two. xoxox

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my goodness, really gorgeous color combo for this challenge! Love the look of your butterflies!

Rosemary said...

Lovely card, Anita! The butterflies are so pretty!

Karen B. said...

So good to hear that you have a crafty buddy close at hand! Love this card, it really stood out in the gallery to me. I love the patterned paper on the side, great choices!

Vanessa said...

Wow, I love your entry for this challenge!!! Beautiful card! Perfect! Loved the story about Ariel!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love the tone-on-tone stamped butterflies! Thanks for joining the Embellish Butterflies Color Challenge!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates