Thursday, January 12, 2012

Luscious Mini Card

Hello!  Happy Thursday!  I am very much enjoying a day at home!  I love being out and about but being home is also great!  The fact that beyond freezing cold weather has come helps me want to stay home!   This morning I've been catching up on laundry and crafting!  I hope to bake a bit this afternoon I am in the baking mood, I think I'll whip up some oatmeal coconut chocolate chip cookies!

I want to share some exciting news I had a card picked up in the June 2012 issue of CARDS!  Yay beyond exciting!  I was a bit lazy and truly waited to the last day to submit which was Jan 1st which was also the day I was super sick with the stomach flu.  Boy was I kicking myself!  Around 1 oclock when I wasn't feeling any better and I realized that I may not be able to get the energy to submit I looked at my hubby and asked him if he would do it for me that I would tell him what to type.  He said of course!  Let me tell you I was so happy!  It meant a lot to me.  Thankfully later that evening I felt better enough that I was able to do it myself, well I did have a pounding headache!  Having a card picked up after that ordeal really made it worth it!

Today I have a mini card to share.  After making one for the current Wee Memories Challenge which is mini cards I got in the mood to make another:


This card measures 3 by 3 and uses scraps for the paper and lace!  So fun to make, the hardest part was finding a sentiment that fit!  :>  I love the Hello Luscious papers and stamp set by Hero Arts!  

By the way I don't know if you noticed but I added a new profile picture, it's from our December family photo shoot:


Well I am excited to be back tomorrow as part of the Hero Arts Hostess Blog Hop!  :>

16 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Congratulations on getting published Anita, I love seeinng names I recognise in the card magazines.

Your mini card is so cute and I love your new photo too.

Looking forward to seeing your cards on the Blog Hop tomorrow!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Congrats on your pub!! That's awesome! So happy for you!

Love your card too. So pretty! And your photo is GREAT. Can't wait for the hop tomorrow!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love your new profile photo! Your card really pops with so much color and love the flower extending off of the card like that! Wonderful look! Can't wait for your day tomorrow!

Barb said...

That is such a beautiful photo of you, Anita! Your card is so fun with the stripes, lace and pretty flower! Can't wait to visit tomorrow for the hop! Hugs! :)

Barb said...

I can't believe I totally forgot to say congrats on the pub! DUH!! Big congrats, my friend! :)

Brenda said...

Congrats for the publication Anita! That is totally awesome! Love your mini card today and that touch of lace! I also love how the flower goes off the page like that!

Katie said...

Beautiful picture. I LOVE your card, very pretty. Hope you have recovered from you illness. Flu is not fun!

Trinh said...

Yay for your pub, Anita! Your mini card is so pretty and you look beautiful in your new profile pic!

Judy1223 said...

CONGRATS, Anita...how EXCITING! Can't wait to see your published card! Yay! I love this mini card...great use of your scraps...so sweet! I love your new portrait, too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anita! That is awesome news! Your card is gorgeous. Also love the new photo!

Jenny said...

CONGRATS!! I didnt know. I will post about it on FB! :) :) This is a beautiful card too!! :) :) :) LOVE IT!!

Dawn T said...

Well done Anita. Great way to start the year. I am happy for you. This delightful mini is very cute. I love that it has so many elements on it for such a little piece of artwork. Your new photo is lovely. You are very photogenic

Virginia L. said...

Love your mini card, Anita! It's so small yet it is packed with gorgeous elements! Your new profile pic is beautiful!!

Leni said...

Congratulations Anita! So happy for you! Love your photo; you are a gorgeous person!

RenegadeMama said...

wow, your cards are super cute!
thanx for sharing
gail w gwallenm@wildblue.net

Chrystina said...

Two things I love about this card - the lace and the fact that the flower sticks out past the edges of the card. It looks great. I've really been into the mini card thing lately too, they're just so gosh darn adorable.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates