Friday, September 7, 2012

It's a Fall post!

Hello my crafty friends, Happy Friday!  I know I am not the only one who is thrilled that Friday is finally here!  Oh wait I am self employed and technically work somewhat everyday.....  LOL!  And with being a mom do we ever not work?  With Ariel back at school I am getting back into a groove and it's nice.  Lots of activities and play groups not started yet so it's a nice break!  :> 

Today I have a fall card to share.  Which is very suiting as it's very fall like weather outside.  Just two days ago the weather has turned and it is cool, dreary (oh where are you sun?) and I've turned off the air conditioner!  It's sad but who wants to go back to school when it's hot outside?  Although next week it looks like a lot nicer weather!  I am entering this card into this month's Paper Crafts September Challenge which to make a card with natural elements!



I used two natural elements to this card, the sticky back canvas by Claudine Hellmuth and a wooden butterfly by My Minds Eye.  I stamped the Newspaper background  by Hero Arts onto the canvas than distressed it with ink and by pulling some threads out (not the easiest with it being sticky)  I "colored" the butterfly with distress inks:  barn door, spiced marmalade, and scattered straw.  Than I stamped the newspaper background on top too!  I very much enjoyed making this card!  :>


Ariel had a great first day of school!  Her only complaint was that they didn't do enough work!  Oh boy so funny!  :>  She is quite excited about the school year and they weekly homework books they have! Since I am sharing a fall card I will also share two fall wreaths I made!  Which one do you like better?  They are both brownish yarns but the second is lighter and a chenille like yarn:


That's it from me!  :>  Take time to jump in the leaves, well if they have fallen yet!

16 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving those fall colors - on the card and the wreath! Aren't kids funny, Ellie has said all along that what she is most looking forward to about Kindergarten is the homework....unfortunately (or fortunately) we haven't actually gotten any yet...

Annette Allen said...

wow your wreaths are always so pretty...and this card is awesome...

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, gorgeous creations, Anita! Love your butterfly and the beautiful flowers!

Lynn said...

Your card is stunning. I love the texture of the canvas and the beautiful vibrant colors on the butterfly. Of course, your wreaths are gorgeous as usual!

Cindy C. said...

Stunning butterfly! The Fall colour wreath looks fabulous!!

Kelly said...

love the text on the card. Really lovely colors!

~Tammy~ said...

More yummy wreaths to Ohh over! They both are equally gorgeous! The fall card is delightful as well!

Katie said...

Love both wreaths, but really like the texture of the one on the bottom. Love the colors on the card, they are very fall-y. Thinking of doing one of the triple-time cards using leaves and that will be one of the combos I use on the leaves.
Enjoy the day.

Angi Barrs said...

Super gorgeous Fall creations. Love that butterfly too!

Lindsey said...

Love how you coloured and stamped the butterfly on your card -- so pretty! I like both wreaths, but the second one really works for me. Have a great weekend!

Brenda said...

I love this Autumn wonder Anita! These are some of my favorite colours! That card is totally beautiful, of course I love butterflies! So glad that Ariel is enjoying school!

Dawn T said...

adorable card Anita. And love both of your wreaths. Just beautiful

Karen B. said...

Your wreaths always amaze me, each is so beautiful!

jennfontaine said...

I'm not in the back to school groove yet, I've enjoyed summer so much and am not back in fall mode until Monday!

Great card! Such nice fall colours. The canvas looks beautiful!Love the way you coloured the butterfly!

Both wreaths are beautiful but I like the darker yarn a bit more. I want a wreath in every colour and space to put them:) LOL!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a vibrant, fall card and I love the wreaths! I don't have a favorite, I love them both!

Maureen Morton said...

Glorious fall colors, Anita! Taking my breath away once again.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates