Thursday, March 28, 2013

Oh So Pretty!

Hello my Crafty Friends!  I wanted to pop in and blog as it's been a few days!  We are in the midst of spring break and enjoying every moment!  Today as you read this I am sitting with Chad at a real estate course, a mandatory one!  The kids had a sleepover with there grandparents and a few cousins!  Today I have a pretty card to share:





I used two stamp sets by WPlus9 Design Studio:  Embroidered Bouquet, Written on Ribbon.  I heat embossed the ribbon with gold embossing powder.  As you may see if you look closely some of the powder strayed a bit and left a few flecks.  This tends to happen when the embossing powder gets old.  On another card I figured out that if you heat emboss from underneath the paper the powder does not fleck off!  Good news you can still use that old embossing powder, yay!  :>  I used a doily sent to me by my friend Miriam!  And stamped some flowers along the bottom and top!

I am also entering this card into this weeks Simon Says Stamp Challenge of Anything Goes!

We have been having a fun spring break!  On Monday we went to the Children's Museum, Tuesday we all went to see the Croods (great movie) and Wednesday we went to play date with a bunch of friends (original mommies group when we sat and nursed and chat back when we were all first time moms, you know when we could actually get a whole conversation out, now it's so loud!) Loving this week with my kids the snow is slowly melting and it's so sunny so we have high hopes Spring is on it's way! 

Well that's it for me!  Until we meet again!

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Very pretty, Anita! That doily could almost be a fancy cake plate. :)

~amy~ said...

love this sweet sweet card!

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Anita! Love the doily and pretty colors! Enjoy the rest of your spring break! :)

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card.

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty and sweet! Loving the gold embossing! I knew you would be able to make gorgeous stuff with those doilies!

Annette Allen said...

very pretty Anita..

joy said...

A dainty and pretty card, Anita! Enjoy these precious days with your little ones. Happy Easter!

Taheerah said...

Oh so pretty indeed!! Love the soft colour palette, it works beautifully with the delicate doily, and I really think I need to get that Written on Ribbon set now!!

Virginia L. said...

This is oh.so.pretty, Anita! I love the addition of doily and the gold embossing really makes it so gorgeous! Hope you and family have an awesome Easter weekend! HUGS!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates